DreamStation DXi2 is a polyphonic analog synthesizer plugin based on DreamStation 1.0. It can be used from within compatible host application(s) supporting DirectX Instruments.
DreamStation DXi2 acts as a single timbral (one instrument per plugin) MIDI controllable unit with a maximum of 16 voices polyphony. It responds on all MIDI channels (OMNI mode) and has stereo audio output.
Several DreamStation DXi2 plugins can be inserted and used at the same time in order to build up a multitimbral environment in your projects. The number of maximum active DreamStation DXi2 plugins depends on host application and CPU resources.
DreamStation DXi2 utilizes the same techniques featured in the standalone version; physical models of analog circuits, mathematical reproduction of analog oscillators which makes DreamStation DXi2 acting just like real analog synthesizers. You can sweep the pitch smoothly from 20Hz to 20kHz and apply the breathtaking pulse width modulation without any digital aliasing at all. A wide range of synthesized sounds can be reproduced using DreamStation DXi2, the old classical analog instruments goes without saying but also new and exciting sonic textures never heard before.
- Subtractive synthesis combined with FM synthesis
- 3 oscillators, multimode self oscillating IIR filter, VCA, LFO, user EG for each voice
- Available waveforms: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse, square, noise
- Available filter types: 12dB/Octave lowpass, highpass, bandpass, 24dB/octave lowpass, formant
- A maximum of 16 voices polyphony
- Linear frequency modulation, hard synchronization, ring modulation, distortion
- Supported sampling rates: 11.025Khz, 22.05Khz, 44.1Khz, 48Khz and 96Khz
- Supported digital audio resolution: 16 to 32bits
- Internal calculating resolution: 32 bits (with 24bit mantissa)